Sunday, March 8, 2009

Scar... leg?

Well. here comes the "long awaited" part two of. Well. The last post.

Fun Fact: There's another scar on my chin. It's less prominent and smaller.
It was from 3rd or 4th grade when I slipped on some slippery tiles and bonked my chin on the floor, Here, I am using a loose form of "bonked" By "bonked" I really mean wacked my jaw bone on to the slippery floor with enough force to break skin. Luckily it didn't require stitches, just butterfly tape, so I am left with a normal looking scar. Unfortunately, it occurred right before my trip to Orlando. So, there was no swimming done at all, and all my pictures have me in some pose that hides the tape. Whats more sad was that I lost the teddybear I bought on the trip at disney world. damn you Mickey Mouse.

I also have another normal looking scar on my right wrist. You see, I was very depressed... I'm totally kidding, really, I am. I've had that scar as long as I can remember. It's about a centimetre long, and relatively faint. It's fairly mysterious, and every time I ask my parents, I just get a shrug and an unconcerned "Iunno". It's almost possible to think that I was a conjoined twin, joined at the wrist.. by a tiny piece of skin... But the key word here is almost, because my parents would tell me something like that, right? right?

Now, I don't know if anyone noticed, but I have a crazy scar on the back of my right leg. And by crazy, I mean it's like the one on my face, but weirder. It's quite short, just around 2 cm or so, but it's all bumpy and funny coloured. It was from the surgery I got in 3rd grade. Nothing exciting though, just cyst removal. This scar supports my hypothesis that cuts requiring stitches give me horrible scars. The fun part of the surgery was my mom feeding me KFC, and me puking 30 minutes later. (I'm totally kidding, the freezies you get upon regaining conciousness were the fun part)

Interestingly enough, a few years later, I get another cyst. On the same leg. On my ankle. But, I figure it's not worth the trouble of removal, so it's sitting there, looking lumpy.

And that pretty much sums up the scars that matter.

1 comment:

  1. I thought those scars on your legs were because Kyle kicked you that one time in grade 8.

    ReplyDelete